By: Roger Kremer
The Lean Assessment was created as a guide to allow the job shop and small manufacturer in their Lean journey. The Lean Assessment will provide a baseline upon which you can improve – and most importantly also provide a reference on what to do. The Lean Assessment has 13 Lean building block categories that are further divided into sub-categories that are scored. The subsequent score will assist you into allocating the appropriate resources in your Lean project. Administrative areas are also referenced in this assessment. The Assessment is self-administering and will allow you to create the necessary visual spider chart to convey the score within the organization.
About The Lean Assessment
The Lean Assessment was created as a guide to allow the job shop and small manufacturer to use as a guide in their approach to Lean. The Lean Assessment will provide a baseline upon which you can improve – and most importantly also provide a reference on what to do.
In this book you will learn:
- Why it is imperative that a Lean assessment should be conducted on a regular basis
- How to conduct a Lean assessment
- What Lean tools/applications would have the most impact – given your score
Key learning features include:
- A World-Class rating scale on which to benchmark against
- 13 building blocks of Lean, with over 50 sub-categories to further focus resources
- A visual chart to convey score
- The Lean Development Reference Guide for additional resource material
“This provides our company with a standard format in which to allocate appropriate resources in or Lean journey…highly recommended!”
Chuck Donnell, Vice President of Quality, Scott Machines, Inc.
“the only Lean Assessment that also provides materials to assist you to improve your score. – great job in putting this together!”
Dave Horthrop, Divisional Vice President, Lee Blake Division Marketing, Inc.
“Great tool!…no one should do Lean without it!”
Steve Sleger, President, Hytol Manufacturing, Inc.
Paperback – 8.5″ x 11.0″ – 54 pages – 13 Categories, 50+ Sub-categories