By: Joe Buys, Vlado Babon, and Don Tapping
The 5S Desktop (PC) Training Set allows you to apply the Lean tool of 5S to your electronic files and folders using Windows Explorer and Outlook. The Training Set is based off the best-selling The 5S Desktop (PC) Pocket Handbook with references throughout on the Note Pages of the Facilitator’s Guide. You will learn the step-by-step procedures for organizing and standardizing all your electronic files through the Greybeck, Inc. case study. Also, through the 5S phases, flags, filters, and reminders will be discussed to ensure your emails are better organized and handled. 5S is a powerful tool to begin to improve office productivity in regards to data and information flow.
In this Training Set you will learn how to:
- Relate waste to everyday activities surrounding the Desktop and networking environment
- Communicate the need for improving file organization and standardization
- Implement the 5S phases with step-by-step screen shots
- Sort, Set-In-Order, and Scrub (the first 3 phases) files in the Greybeck, Inc. case study using Windows Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
- Summarize the teachings by conducting a 5S Desktop (PC) Jeopardy game
150+ PowerPoint slides, Explorer and Outlook examples, Desktop Waste Assessment, Greybeck, Inc. hands-on case study, 5S Desktop (PC) Jeopardy Game, 1-Instructor’s Guide, and a CD containing all the files for you to customize.
If you would like this workshop conducted in your organization, please email or email@example.com.